About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

IWSG Post and The Truths about Dating and Mating Blog Tour Stop Woot Woot

Hey Guys- Please indulge me here, not only because (it's my birthday) but because I have two posts for you: My IWSG and The Bird's Nest is extremely excited to be able to host the fabulous Jaycee DeLorenzo on her The Truths about Dating and Mating blog tour. Take it away Jaycee!!

Hello, everyone!
Ivy’s mother, Angela, has an entire menu planned out in what I’ve dubbed the How to Get a Man Dinner, and today, thanks to the lovely Jaybird, I’m sharing two really delicious recipes that you’ll find on that menu (and often in my own home).
Enjoy!
XOXO,

Jaycee

Four-Cheese Lasagna
Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 onion
4 cloves of garlic
6 crimini mushrooms
2 28oz cans of tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley
1 box lasagna noodles (cooked and drained as on package)
1 9 or 10-oz bag of fresh spinach
1-1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese
½ cup cottage cheese
½ cup Parmesan
½ cup grated cheddar
2 eggs

Directions:
In a skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic, and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and onion is transparent; drain well. Return mixture to sauce pan and add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, seasoning, and ½ cup water. Let simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until thick.


In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, Parmesan, cheddar, 1 cup mozzarella and eggs. Pour ½ cup of sauce on bottom of pan, then cover with 3 of the prepared lasagna noodles. Spread a layer of cheese over noodles, add 1 cup of the sauce over that, and top with a layer of fresh, uncooked spinach. Repeat layering three more times. Put remaining mozzarella over the top.

Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let sit for ten minutes, then serve.

Seduce Him With Flourless Chocolate Cake:

Ingredients:

4-oz dark or bittersweet chocolate
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup cocoa powder
4-oz semisweet chocolate
½ cup heavy cream
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375F. Line an 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper and lightly grease.

In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt together dark/bittersweet chocolate and butter, stirring with a fork until very smooth.

Pour warm chocolate mixture into a medium mixing bowl with sugar. Whisk to combine. Beat in eggs one at a time, waiting until each has been fully incorporated to add the next. Then, mix in vanilla extract and cinnamon. Sift cocoa powder into the bowl and whisk until well-combined.

Pour into prepared cake pan.

Bake for 25 minutes.

Allow cake to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then run a knife around the edge of the cake and invert onto a serving platter.

Melt remaining 4-oz of chocolate and add in heavy cream. When well-mixed, pour over the top of the cake. Let chill for at least ten minutes, then serve.

If desired, garnish with fresh raspberries.

The Truths about Dating and Mating

Author: Jaycee DeLorenzo

Release Date: November 21, 2012



Spunky Italian coed Ivy Rossini likes to talk and push the boundaries. She gets to do both as she co-hosts Riordan College’s radio program, The Truths about Dating and Mating, alongside her lifelong best friend, Ian Hollister.

Being the only girl who cares to see beyond Ian’s bad boy reputation has its advantages, especially when he’s scaring off the jerks who just want to nail the campus sex-guru. It’s when he’s “protecting” her from the advances she welcomes that she wants to lob him over the head and tell him to butt out. But Ivy feels like she’s the one who’s taken a hit when Ian almost kisses her at a party. She knows she should feel relieved when he pulls away, so why is she disappointed instead?

What’s worse, Ivy’s now getting aroused by Ian’s slightest touch and can’t stop entertaining thoughts of a romantic future. But Ian doesn’t do relationships, and she’s not interested in anything casual. In the end, Ivy decides it’s best to keep her growing feelings a secret and hope they’ll pass. However, when Ian begins hinting at wanting to take things to the next level, she’s forced to decide if a chance at something more is worth risking everything they’ve built.

With their friendship and her heart hanging in the balance, can Ivy follow the advice she and Ian give their listeners - to communicate, be honest, and trust in themselves - or will insecurity, stubbornness, and pride ruin any chance of their relationship getting off the ground?


About The Author:

Jaycee DeLorenzo hails from Tucson, Arizona, on the outskirts of the Saguaro National Park – which she believes to be the most beautiful spread of desert in the world. By day, Jaycee is an English language teacher to elementary students. By night, she’s a wife, mother, writer, cover artist, website designer, and blogger. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, cooking, singing (very poorly), catching up on her favorite T.V. shows, and researching.



The Truths about Dating and Mating is Jaycee's debut novel, and the first in a series centering around students of the fictitious Riordan College.



Find me on the web:




Buy Links: Amazon | B&N | Smashwords



Along with my tour, I’m doing a rafflecopter giveaway!














17 comments:

  1. Yay, thanks for hosting me today, girlie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both sound delicious!! Maybe I can get my mom to cook it up so I can try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get the chance, I highly recommend them. I cook both quite frequently.

      Delete
  3. *You are very welcome Jaycee!
    ** Elizabeth- I am totally hitting up my daughter to make BOTH of these recipes for me!! They both look so YUMMY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that cake...*drool*

    These are awesome recipes Jaycee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I swear, that cake is a little piece of heaven. I may have to bake one, soon. D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is - I had some lasagna (without the four cheese) for lunch today, and it was awesome!

      Delete