About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Friday, November 30, 2012

Blindsided Blog Tour: Christmas Memories

I am thrilled  to the core to be able to host one of my favorite bloggers/authors Kyra Lennon. Her Blindsided Blog Tour STOPS HERE at the Bird's Nest today!! YAY.


There is something about Christmas that makes people start to reminisce. About the year that’s almost over, the events that made us happy or sad, and about Christmases past.

My own memories of past Christmases are strong, and every year, I can’t help but go back over them and remember. One memory that always stands out from when I was a kid is that feeling that the days leading to Christmas seemed to drag on FOREVER. I was buzzing with excitement, but bored out of my mind because I wanted Santa to arrive so I could get my hands on my presents!

One particularly memorable year – I honestly can’t remember how old I was – but my brother allowed me to take his Nintendo to my room so I could play on it. He had Super Mario All Stars, and it was my favourite thing EVER! To take my mind off the endless wait for the big day, I played hours of Mario. And even now, on the few days before Christmas, I STILL want to go to my room and play the game!

I’m older now, and perhaps the excitement should be gone now. Let’s face it, once you get older, there is way more to do to get ready for the celebrations. Presents to be wrapped, cards written and posted, food and drinks to buy, and the total hassle of making sure everything is ready and you haven’t forgotten the gift for Great Auntie June who you only ever see once a year.

The magic stayed. The excitement is still with me, perhaps because I am an overgrown child! :p But I wouldn’t have it any other way.

What are your favourite Christmas memories?


Blindsided Synopsis:After a successful first soccer season in L.A, Jesse Shaw heads to London with his best buddy, Hunter, but his world is turned upside down when a dangerous prank threatens his career and his blossoming relationship with Hunter’s cousin, Isabelle.

Isabelle Mills lives in Notting Hill with her parents and her twin sister, Georgia. When she finds out her cousin is coming to stay, along with his famous soccer player friend, her first instinct is to hibernate until they’ve gone. However, once she meets Jesse, everything changes. He’s everything she ever wanted, but with so many obstacles in their path, can she really risk putting her heart on the line?


Author Bio:
Kyra Lennon was born on the South coast of England, and to this day, still lives by the sea. After years spent working in retail, where she met enough versatile characters to write hundreds of books, she finally took the plunge and quit her day job. Kyra's debut novel, Game On, was released in July 2012. While fiction writing has always been her passion, she also has numerous articles on a variety of topics published on prolific websites.


Buy Links:
Kyra Lennon on Amazon.com
Kyra Lennon on Amazon.co.uk

Find Kyra online
Blog
Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads

22 comments:

  1. Jen, you are my star! Thank you for remembering, and I'm so sorry for missing you out of my first post this morning! You're the best! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Kyra, what are friends for? And I am thrilled to be doing this for you!

      Delete
  2. Christmas brings out the kid in all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does. Even my dad, who is normally extremely serious, gets all giddy. It's quite amusing.

      Delete
  3. One of my favorite memories is of the Christmas carolers who came over to sing one year. Singing Christmas carols is one thing I still like about the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how I love to sing. Last year I went to a nursing home to sing with my little Girl Scouts, but my daughter reminded me, "It's better when you lip sync mom". Yep, I'm that bad a singer. LOL

      Delete
  4. I still get super excited for Christmas! All the stuff that makes it crazier as an adult is all stuff I love, too. :) I LOVE buying presents for people. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Finding the perfect gift for my friends and loved ones always puts a smile on my face. Sometimes, if its really good, I won't wait until Christmas to give it to them! LOL

      Delete
  5. Every year our family "adopts a family" in need. We get to shop for presents, wrap them, and deliver secretly along with loads of food for the holidays. Always the most memorable part of Christmas for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh- that's just fantastic. What a blessing! We do "Operation Christmas Child" with my church. My sister (when she was still here with us) used to be in charge of it. It was her favorite thing to do, and made her SO happy. We still do it every year, in her honor.

      Delete
  6. Isn't it odd how when you're a kid the season lasts forever and as an adult you feel like you're scrambling to get everything done in time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think there will ever be a time when I'm NOT excited about Christmas. The music, the movies, the SHOPPING...it all just makes me so giddy :)

    Also, I remember when I used to play Super Mario on the Nintendo 64 :D Good times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samantha- Aw, Nintendo 64. We had one of those bad boys. My brother still has an Atari! He plays old school games like Donkey Kong and Space Invaders, so fun!

      Delete
  8. OH, Kyra, I forgot to add my favorite Christmas memory! It was from when I was a little girl, and we were spending our first "hot" Christmas in California.

    It was bittersweet b/c we left behind a ton of family and friends in NJ. And it was weird for it to be warm on Christmas, to us East Coasters. But my dad went out of his way to get the biggest, most ginormous tree and I think he bought us every single thing he could think of and put it under that tree, so we wouldn't feel so lonely. But he didn't have to buy us all that stuff. Because what I remember to this day about that Christmas, was how great it was with just the six of us and how awesome it was to be together. And man, what I wouldn't give now to be able to have all of my family healthy, happy and together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The year we got this huge roll of brown paper from one of the crab houses--they attach it to the end of the table and pull it out to cover the table during the messy eating of crabs. Anyway, we got the tail end of a roll. So my creative sibs and I drew a huge Santa, complete with a bag of presents (including the pictures of what we wanted--like three new bikes) for one wall. Hours of work and the good lord only knows how many red crayons. Good thing we had 5 boxes of crayolas. :-) Then the next icky cold day, we did a sleigh and all the raindeer flying. Even then we created stories with pictures. Pretty cool wall murals. Kept us busy and outta mom's hair. We couldn't wait until Daddy got home to see it.

    Waking up Xmas morn and seeing those three new bikes were special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmas is such fun! I admit, I lost the excitement during my adult years where it became a chore to have to travel and visit family. Now we have our son and the magic is back. We promised ourselves we wouldn't travel during Christmas, and that we'd stay home, enjoy ourselves, and make fantastic memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great Christine! I love to be home for the holidays as well. (actually, everyone comes to my house!)

      Delete
  11. Oh, that's amazing Sia! What a great memory.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jen, I had to come back and tell you I posted something special just for you on my blog. Go check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You rock! Thanks for the clip. Even from that little bit you recorded, I could tell they sounded amazing live. I am so over the top excited you got to check something off your bucket list!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also remember my brother allowing me to play his games. I could play Mario for hours.

    Christmas is a time for me to reflect. I get two weeks off, plus I think about the upcoming new year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was a great story, and I can relate all too well. Every year on Christmas we still gather and play our old Nintendo games. It's become a family tradition. No one can beat me at Dr. Mario. NO ONE.

    ReplyDelete